Rebirth of T-rex

Does dinosaur really extinct? What caused the dinosaur to vanish? Have you ever wonder whether the real 'you' is disappearing and slowly vanishing? Hope that through this blog, we will be able to maintain the real self.

Anger Management

Posted by T-rex Lim Huat Heng

I have just read a free eBook - Tame Your Brain! by Jan Tincher recently and found that some of the techniques the author shared on helping us to find personal success pretty interesting.

I would like to grab this opportunity to share what I have learnt from the author on Anger Management. As we are aware that anger could ruin our life and health, but how do we manage and control it to lead to disaster? The author has proposed that writing a letter to ourselves is an effective way to achieve that. The author describes that there are 6 levels involved in healing anger, in which each level has 2 feelings associated to it, in particularly the following:

Level Feeling associated to the feeling
------ --------------------------------
Anger ( blame & resentment )

v
Hurt ( sadness & disappointment )

v
Fear ( insecurity & wounds )

v
Regret ( understanding & responsibility )

v
Intention ( solutions & wishes )

v
Love ( forgiveness & appreciation )

In the letter, we write a sentence per feeling. Each will lead to more and we write all of them until we can't write another sentence for that feeling anymore.
For the feeling, you could start with the following but not necessary a must to start it that way:

Blame: I blame you for _______
Resentment: I resent the fact that _______
I resent you for ______
Sadness: You make me sad when you ______
Disappointment: You disappoint me when you ______
Insecure: In feel insecure when you ______
Wound: You wound me when ______
Understand: I understand the situation as ______
Responsible: I feel responsible when _______
Solution: I feel a solution might be ______
Wish: I wish ______
Forgiveness: I forgive you for ______
Appreciation: I appreciate the fact that you ______

Remember to send the letter to YOU AND ONLY YOURSELF, but not other people, otherwise it defeat the purpose.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Thanks for sharing ko ko. No doubt, EQ is important than IQ. No matter how smart a person is, he or she won’t be a successful one.

T-rex Lim Huat Heng said...

Mandy:
I heard that there is another Quotient called Autism-Spectrum Quotient (AQ) recently. As I understand it measures the autism level of an adult. You can try to find out more information about autism in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism

Mandy said...

Previously I read an article about AQ. But it is about Adversity. I go visit the site now. Thanks! ;)