Rebirth of T-rex

Does dinosaur really extinct? What caused the dinosaur to vanish? Have you ever wonder whether the real 'you' is disappearing and slowly vanishing? Hope that through this blog, we will be able to maintain the real self.

What makes them different?

Posted by T-rex Lim Huat Heng

It has been quite a while I didn't go to Mid Valley, however the trip to Mid Valley yesterday gave an insight that impressed me and put me in doubt on what makes them different.
My girl friend and I were having dinner at one of the restaurant that sell Hong Kong delicacies (I guess it's not convinient to expose the name of the parties involved), I realised that the waiter and waitresses were really 'fit', in terms of how well the service they provide!

Firstly, I found that the waiter and waitresses are very energetic. Secondly, they react efficiently and pollitely to customers' orders and requests with full willingness. All these lead me to ponder why they are able to provide such satisfying service. Is it because mostly are youngster who are very energetic and lead by experienced seniors? Or is it due to satisfying reward programme that the company offer? Or is it due to the excellent recruitment/selection process to hire right attitude employee?

Reflecting back to the environment in my company, I keep question myself why such situation doesn't exist in my company. As a team leader, I hope that I will be able to find out the 'key' to achieve what I saw in that restaurant, and practice it in my team.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

there are few factors on this.
1 - the pay. yes, the pay is important
2 - the leaders who are leading them are good and appreciate their work. so they are willing to work for the company and the leaders.
3 - the job is fun. everyday you get to meet different people although u need to smile even when u're angry.
4 - teamwork. there might be a very close relationship among the employees that make them work so happily.

T-rex Lim Huat Heng said...

I 100% agree with you!

Anonymous said...

ko, i know where is the place u were talking about. the place i always go makan. : )

T-rex Lim Huat Heng said...

Mei Mei, you are great! Yes, it's the place where we last met.