Rebirth of T-rex

Does dinosaur really extinct? What caused the dinosaur to vanish? Have you ever wonder whether the real 'you' is disappearing and slowly vanishing? Hope that through this blog, we will be able to maintain the real self.

Guerilla Tactics for IT?

Posted by T-rex Lim Huat Heng

Today I went to MPH and came across an interesting book written by Christopher Duncan, titled 'The Career Programmer: Guerilla Tactics for an Imperfect World'. I briefly read the introduction and found it covers a lot of real situation in the programmer's life, such as tight schedule, demanding customers, ever changing requirements and many others which I have went through before. Then, he suggests the approach we should take to handle them. I found the following useful and quoted here to share with you:

'As programmer, we're not just hired to code. We're hired to deliver great software'.

16 comments:

Amadeus B.V 勇瑜 said...

Wops, wat's that supposed to mean. Anyway i believe if v try to think in 'Moderate' way, v may put ourselves in a betta position. Recently realised one thing, 'moderate' & 'balance' might be the most appropriate way to solve 'problems' in wateve aspects. (?)

T-rex Lim Huat Heng said...

Chee Tat, basically it's a guide that advise us on how to manage 'hostile' situations so that projects don't run into the drain.
I agree with you on the two main practice, they are the most basic concepts in Buddha teaching.

Mandy said...

Agree with the quote

Mandy said...

Ko Ko, Worth Sharing News changed its style dy. Feel free to have a look and looking forward Ko Ko's post. :)

Mandy said...

Ko Ko, Happy Duan Wu Jie! ^^

T-rex Lim Huat Heng said...

Mei Mei, thanks for the greetings! Happy 'dumpling' (not 'dumping') day.

Linx said...

Interesting!

Anonymous said...

taikor, remember me ah :p

Mandy said...

Ko Ko busy recently? No new post? Looking fwd. ^^ Of cause not dumping day. :)Can't comment anything about Java stuff. You know I'm not into that. :)

T-rex Lim Huat Heng said...

spoonkin:
Can I have your full name?

T-rex Lim Huat Heng said...

Mei Mei:
To be frank, these few weeks ko ko pretty busy. New roles requires some new effort, but really learn a lot. So next time I'll be very ready to be your company's Product Manager because I am playing this role now.
Besides, unexpected things also happened. So plan a bit out of order. Later, I will post up something as update.

Mandy said...

Ko Ko, Spookin = Ny Chee Kin

Same here Ko Ko. I out of plan too due to third party not on progress as I mentioned to you before. :( Cool! Ko Ko promoted dy! Once mei mei recovers we go celebrate ya! ;)

Mandy said...

Ko Ko, I wrote something about you in my blog. Have a look if you're free. :)

T-rex Lim Huat Heng said...

Chee Kin:
Yes, of course I remember you! How are you lately?

T-rex Lim Huat Heng said...

Mei Mei:
Thanks for your greeting. Wish you recover soon.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://ivlkrwnnz.com]eaKFOY[/url] , SIsvlez , http://hhmgziigpu.com