Rebirth of T-rex

Does dinosaur really extinct? What caused the dinosaur to vanish? Have you ever wonder whether the real 'you' is disappearing and slowly vanishing? Hope that through this blog, we will be able to maintain the real self.

Conquered Guning Irau

Posted by T-rex Lim Huat Heng

It's a great experience for my trip to Gunung Irau yesterday. Anyway, I would like to start the story since Friday.

After work on Friday, my younger sister came to fetch me as we have agreed to celebrate my dad's birthday by having dinner together. I was surprised when I saw my mom also in the car. Then I tried to ask my younger sister about my elder sister and she told me that she went to fetch her boy friend and will meet me at the restaurant. When we reached the restaurant, I was really shocked because my younger sister's boy friend and my younger brother are there too! I was so pleased because we can hardly have chance to have dinner together like this, every family member attended.

After the dinner, I went to buy bread and 100 Plus for my Gunung Irau trip. I packed the necessary gears (but this time is really light, since no tent and extra water supply) and went for sleep early at 11pm. The next day I woke up at 3.30am. I took a bath and waited for my friends. Only 4 of us went for this trip, in which 2 of them (Pek Keen and Kuan Yen) are my best friends. We were called the 3 musketeers! Another member is a friend of Pek Keen- Zhen Tong. Zhen Tong drove us and I took a nap during the journey. We took our breakfast at one of the R&R in Plus highway.

We reached the peak of Cameron Highland at 9+, the weather was quite nice but pretty chilling. We started our journey. Passing through the forest, we found the track was slightly challenging as ground was quite soggy and tree roots criss cross over the track. It's slippery especially whe we steps on tree roots to avoid the soggy ground. We moved on the challenging track and Zhen Tong felt at two spots when we were slowly moving down steep slopes. I believed he hurt seriously (because later he showed the blue black on his tight), yet we proceed the journey.

Along the way, I realized that the one who lead the group must be very decisive in picking the right and best path when we reach a 'junction'. If the path chosen wasn't the better one, the group will be brought into some or could be serious 'problem'. While the people in between so act as a very excellent 'bridge' between the forth and back members to make everyone pace out in sync. While the last person also have to keep up with the pace in order not to 'drag' the group down. I believe this applies to the company organization. So far I found Pek Keen is a very good 'leader' during the journey to the top of the peak.

We stopped at some points to grabs some drink while giving our muscles to rest. We proceeded till we reach the foot of false peak. It situated between Cameroon Highland and Gunung Irau. Many people thought they have reached Gunung Irau when they reach the peak of this mountain, thus it's called false peak. The journey up to the false peak was really challenging as it's quite steep and long. Besides, we climb over big rocks and roots, it tested our physical to the extreme, yet I believe the mind power played greater role here. With our team work and high spirit, we reached false peak at 11+. We grabbed some food and drink and took a rest.

When we were about to depart for our destination, Pek Keen proposed such that we only carry one bag with the necessary drinks, while the leaving the ramaining bags back, so that it will reduce our burdern and increase our speed to reach the peak of Gunung Irau. Then, Zhen Tong proposed not to proceed with the journey as I believe he was pretty exhausted and also affected by the hurt from the falls. Thus, we reorganized the baggage and I volunteered to carry it since I am the 'biggest' among all. We continued our journey down the false peak and we were impressed with the creation of the God when we reach the mossy jungle. I was told by Pek Keen that it looks like where the Elves stay in Lord of The Ring. I can't believe it till I really see it with my own eyes. It was so beautiful. Every 15m we stepped on, it was another 'scenary'. We took many pictures and I wish to share it very soon. At last, we reached the peak of Gunung Irau at 1pm. Yes, we made it! We conquered Gunung Irau! This add to my list of hills/mountains that I have conquered!

So far, I have managed to reach the peak of the following:
Bukit Gasing- Petaling Jaya, during Form 3 for project
Bukit Teresek- Pahang, during my trip with club to Taman Negara
Gunung Bunga Buah- opposite Genting Highland, I went with Pek Keen and another two secondary class mates
Pine Tree Hill- next to Fraser's Hill, I went there twice with Pek Keen and a few other friends
Bukit Beruang- Melaka, during my studies in MMU Melaka
Gunung Irau- next to Camerron Highland- new entry!

We headed back to false peak after taking a lot of pictures at Gunung Irau as record of achievement! I am surprised to meet two foreign hikers when we reached false peak. One of them from England- Jason, while another from Holand, can't really remember his name, sorry buddy. We had some chat while taking some food to regain our energy. I over heard their discussion on whether to proceed to Gunung Irau, as they seemed to have run into shortage of water. So, I proposed to Pek Keen to offer them a bottle of mineral water. They were happy and asked for some information on the duration to reach Gunung Irau. We managed to take a photo with them and before they left, they asked us for the contact number of Taxi service. We promised them to pass them the number once we reach the Cameron Highland town. Thus, we have Jason's contact number with us. So happy to meet two new friends at false peak! Seems to have meeting a lot of strangers this week :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to have family day. =)

Ko Ko you are so cool!
Please send my regards to Kuan Yen.

"I am the 'biggest' among all." Erm...tallest ba.

"Elves stay in Lord of The Ring."
Wow! This is cool~~~!;)

"We took many pictures and I wish to share it very soon."
If Ko Ko would like to share more. Register @ Fotopages.com.

Looking forward Ko Ko's photos o. :D

fr sh

T-rex Lim Huat Heng said...

Mei Mei:
Thanks for your comments. I wish you share the photo soon but didn't manage to register to Fotopages since their system was down for upgrade. Be patient, hor.
Enjoy your trip to Genting. Take care.

Anonymous said...

I prefer to use 'visit' instead of 'conquer'. In my opinion, force of nature is very powerful that it cannot be conquered.

Anyway, this is a very unforgetable journey.

At last, the 3 masketeer has join together.

T-rex Lim Huat Heng said...

Kuan Yen:
You are right that we don't conquer the nature, but I believe it's more on conquer my mind and physical to reach there.
Yeah, so long the 3 musketeers didn't go out for action together.

Anonymous said...

Greetings from the 2nd musketeer! Yeah...finally a "one for all and all for one trip". I used to do it alone with other friends for most of my trips. Next trip will be coming soon, maybe to MNS Cameron? Hahaha hope you 2 musketeers join me.

T-rex Lim Huat Heng said...

Ryan:
Cool! You were here too! Thanks for visiting and commenting. I really enjoyed this trip.
Anyway, now you have ;returned as King', so you make the call.