Rebirth of T-rex

Does dinosaur really extinct? What caused the dinosaur to vanish? Have you ever wonder whether the real 'you' is disappearing and slowly vanishing? Hope that through this blog, we will be able to maintain the real self.

Performance Review

Posted by T-rex Lim Huat Heng

I started preparing for the Germany project after my CTO sent me the available resources. I even used Google's translation tool to translate the German written in some document or source code to English. Now I'm able to know that 'Die' (German) stands for 'The' (English) and 'Anzahl' (German) is equivalent to 'Number' (English). Hope to learn up some other common terms. Then, later the partner came over to setup a trial version of the client and server of the existing system. She then run through the software to show me and CTO the basic functionalities.

After going through the resources, I tried to modify the demo program that they passed to us and was so happy to see the program runs. Currently, there are a few issues that hinder me from further progress. Awaiting for some assistance and consultancy from the expert. :)

Early this week, the Vice President and Team Lead had a performance review with me. Since it was the first time I am having the performance review, I wasn't sure how the process would be, so I prepared a simple form/ matrix on the technical skills and soft skills to be evaluated. When I had the section, the VP explained to be the difference of performance review and appraisal. Then, when I passed him the form I prepared, he explained to me that usually this form is used in more formal occasion, in particularly the performance appraisal and both parties will rate each items. We had a two-way discussion for about 1 hour plus as I would like to find out some of the area for improvements. At the end of the session, I was assigned a new tasks to assist my COO for this Friday's demo presentation.

My team lead guided me on some of the preparation for the demo and I am awaiting to coordinate with my COO tomorrow on how should we pursue on Friday.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Ko Ko also can try this tool for translation http://babelfish.altavista.com

Hope Ko Ko has a wonderful learning journey. All the best! ;)

Linx said...

yup yup! all the best ya!

T-rex Lim Huat Heng said...

Thanks for the recommendation of the translation tool and the support.

Anonymous said...

Coganalge [url=http://wiki.openqa.org/display/~buy-cipro-without-no-prescription-online]Buy Cipro without no prescription online[/url] [url=http://manatee-boating.org/members/Order-cheap-Cipro-online.aspx]Order cheap Cipro online[/url]