Rebirth of T-rex

Does dinosaur really extinct? What caused the dinosaur to vanish? Have you ever wonder whether the real 'you' is disappearing and slowly vanishing? Hope that through this blog, we will be able to maintain the real self.

New Experiences

Posted by T-rex Lim Huat Heng

As I mentioned in the previous blog, I was working at partner site on Monday. Early that morning, the Pre-Sales colleague dropped in and notified us about the changes on the prototype we were working on. In fact, based on the plan, we would sum up the prototype and pack to go back to office. So, after final touched up and testing, we departed home.

On the next day, we were back in office. First thing I did was set up my desktop as we just brought back our CPU from partner site. Then I contacted the Channel Manager to find out more about the preparation for the IBM Symposium. After the briefing, I started to work out the things. However, one of the notebook that would be used for demo went down and supposed to be sent for repairs, so we took alternative to set up another notebook. Since IBM Websphere Portal need to be installed and set up for us to deploy some of our application, a lot of hard disk space was required, which brought us to another issue- insufficient space. After much discussion, we decided to use another IBM notebook that requires reformating. I am grateful that another Pre-Sales colleague who are familiar with all these technical stuffs helped me. In fact, he stayed up whole night before the event trying to deploy one of the application, but to no avail. I felt owing him.

I reached Sunway Convention Center at 6.45am and waited for the other colleague from Marketing and Pre-Sales to arrive before setting up the booth. After some effort, with coorperation from all parties involved, the booth is ready. I was busy explaining and promoting the comapny's product to some prospects and participants of the Symposium. Besides, also having FOC nice hotel food. I was very pleased with the day. During the break, the Marketing Executive told me that 'You have gained another profile today.' I was shocked with what she told me and asked her to explained, then she smile and told me 'Dang- Ju/ Zhe^ Mi/'. She continued to asked me, 'So, do you prefer Pre-Sales or Technical?', then my COO came by and added 'Don't force yourself to do things that you don't like. You have the capability, so make your choice'. Later, my CEO asked me whether I know Mandarin, when I told him that I was from Chinese primary school, he told that I will be another candidate to go China. I was shocked. After the event, I headed to bus station to get the bus ticket for Friday night to go down to Melaka.

On Friday, I was sent to represent the company to attend Novell's Open Enterprise Server launching. It was not a big event as the Symposium but merely a small promotion talk at Novell's training room. I was impressed with the work they have done, especially trying to promote SuSE Linux which is now bundled with their product. However, I was in doubt when they try to compare SuSE Linux with Red Hat Linux as I was expecting them to be 'partner' rather than rival. Anyway, it's still pleased to see how much the open source has gained the niche in the market.

After the event, I went back to office and received an email about another new prototype for a big corporation. After some discussion with my team mate, we started to prepare some of the required tools and source structure. CTO came over and emphasized on the seriousness and importance of the prototype as it's for the big corporation and we don't hope to lose this opportunity. So, it will be a challenging task this time and I really hope to produce something that will impress the customer, partner and the management. Pray Hard!

6 comments:

Amadeus B.V 勇瑜 said...

wow, a great change! Going to China is what i ve been longing for. I hope one day i am given such chance too. You are really surprising me becuz so far you have been given alot of chances within such a short term. I think you have met with sum 'gui4 ren2'. Is feng shui that realible? Now i start to belive in it that v r able to be guided by it.

T-rex Lim Huat Heng said...

You are right. We can't fully depends on what feng sui said, but you can make full use of it to serve as your guide. That's the reason why some body can easily be a rich business man while some other can't no matter how hard they try, because they are not at the right place, right time, meeting right people...etc.

Anonymous said...

ko ko is capable. I know this long time ago. Great to hear a lot of good news fr my lovely ko ko! Not matter what you have decide, I surely will support ko ko!
fr sh

Anonymous said...

ko ko is capable. I know this long time ago. :) Great to hear a lot of good news fr my lovely ko ko! No matter what you've decide, I surely will support ko ko!
fr sh

T-rex Lim Huat Heng said...

Thank you Mei Mei. I'll always keep that in mind so that won't disappoint you. Besides, Mei Mei also jia- you/, because Mei Mei has Kor Kor's capability too! :)

Anonymous said...

if this korkor of urs is not capable, then he's not called Lim Huat Heng. hahahah. anyway, you typed too long dii. lazy to read all :P :P